The Child Mind Institute is seeking a full-time Clinical Psychologist in the Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center with strong cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy training and experience. The candidate should possess exceptional clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with anxiety and mood disorders, including: Major Depressive Disorder, OCD, Separation Anxiety Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Phobia. In addition, experience in supervising and training psychology externs, interns and child psychiatry fellows is required.
The Child Mind Institute is the nation’s only independent not for profit institution exclusively dedicated to transforming mental healthcare for children and adolescents. We are located in midtown Manhattan in a brand new state of the art child, adolescent and family friendly facility. Last year over 2000 patients between the ages of 3 and 24 were evaluated and treated in our multidisciplinary clinical practice. In addition the Child Mind Institute has a robust research initiative, the Center for the Developing Brain.
The Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center is one of three programs that comprise the Child Mind Medical Practice. The Center offers state of the art and highly unique treatment options for children and adolescents suffering from a variety of disorders. One of these programs is the Intensive Pediatric OCD program, which has successfully treated children and adolescents from across the country and internationally. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in the multidisciplinary group practice. Compensation is highly competitive.
For more information about the Child Mind Institute please visit childmind.org.
· PhD or PsyD degree from an APA - accredited program in clinical psychology.
· New York State Clinical Psychologist License
· Minimum three years of clinical experience, specifically with anxiety and mood disorders.
· Candidates with APA-accredited internships, postdoctoral fellowships in clinical child psychology, research experience, and experience in cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectic behavioral therapy is required.
· Flexibility to work hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines.
· Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Demonstrated professional attitude and ability to interface with senior management, clinicians and staff.
Please send your cover letter, resume and a list of three references to Jerry Bubrick, PhD, Senior Director, Anxiety & Mood Disorders Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please. The CMI is an equal opportunity employer.