In this intense three day practicum, participants – in an intimate setting – will learn the Rational Emotive & Cognitive Behavior theory of emotional disturbance and change by leading REBT practitioners. Strategies for identifying and challenging clients’ dysfunctional beliefs and constructing more adaptive beliefs, emotions and behaviors will be a focus of the weekend. REBT’s conceptualization of emotions will also be presented.
7/27/2018 to 7/29/2018
Friday, July 27, 2018
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Institute of Southern California
20331 Irvine Avenue
Newport Beach, California 92660-3504
Paul DePompo, Psy.D., ABPP
During the 3-Day Primary Practicum, participants will learn to:
• Understand and apply the REBT theory of emotional disturbance and change.
• Apply the ABC model to a wide range of clinical issues.
• Identify, challenge and dispute clients’ dysfunctional thoughts.
• Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
• Explain the REBT/CBT theories of emotional disturbance and change
• Apply the ABC model to a large variety of clinical issues
• Identify, challenge and dispute clients dysfunctional thoughts
• Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors
• Develop and apply homework protocols for treating anxiety anger and depression, as well as other common presenting problem
Paul DePompo, Psy.D., ABPP is the founder of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Institute of Southern California. DePompo is Board Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, is a Diplomate of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and is the director of the only affiliated training center of the Albert Ellis Institute in California. He is a researcher, author of The Other Woman’s Affair, consults with Hollywood studios regarding psychological matters and teaches REBT/CBT and PCIT at multiple graduate schools. DePompo was trained in PCIT by UC Davis, CAARE Team. He attended NYU while earning his Bachelor’s degree and earned his Master’s and Doctoral Degrees at the California School of Professional Psychology.
Open to psychologists, counselors, marriage & family therapists, social workers, physicians, nurses, and graduate students. Minimum qualification for certificate candidacy is a master’s degree in psychology or counseling, M.S.W., M.D., or R.N. Other helping professionals (e.g., alcoholism counselors) may be eligible to participate in the full Practicum but will receive a Paraprofessional Certificate.
REQUIRED READING LIST A Guide to Rational Living (Ellis & Harper) 8oz.
Practitioner’s Guide to Rational-Emotive Therapy (Walen, DiGiuseppe & Dryden) 19.oz
A Primer on RET (Dryden & DiGiuseppe) 6oz.
REBT Therapist’s Pocket Companion (Dryden & Neenan) 7oz.
First Steps in REBT (Dryden) 7oz.
For Questions: Please call 800.317.8010 or email: info@CBTIofSoCal.com
—-Group of 5 or more (Please call 949-300-1952 to register)
NOTE: Full refunds are granted for cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the practicum. No refunds thereafter.